Susan Birns - Director

I’m starting my twelfth year as Director of the Susan B. Anthony Women’s Center and my thirteenth year as a fulltime member of the MCLA faculty and I still love both of those jobs. I am also in my second year as President of the Board of Directors of the Elizabeth Freeman Center, the county’s provider of services to battered women and their children and the two women’s centers work together on a variety of projects. This year we are jointly planning a Take Back the Night March and Rally in April, to protest violence against women and children. 

The student staff chose women’s health as our theme for this year and it will guide us in our work. The Center has a fabulous staff who work closely with many other great campus groups. We’re headed for another terrific year. Don’t forget to look for at least 4 “special topics” issues of our newsletter; expect the first one in October. And remember, there are many opportunities for YOU to be involved with us and our work! You know where to find us.