Carrisa Sacherski

Hiya, I’m from Lynn, MA and a freshman here at MCLA. This is my first semester on staff at the Women’s Center and I could not be more excited!! My majors are English and Secondary Education and I have a minor in Sociology. I plan on being a high school English teacher and then gaining my doctorate to become a professor of litera-ture. Alongside that, one of my other goals is to publish a series of books for teens!

In high school I worked at an all girls non-profit organization called Girls Incorporated. There I worked as staff facilitating workshops on substance abuse prevention for teens. I also spent time teaching sexual health. I got to work with teens ages 15 to 18. I also had the good fortune to attend many events held by MADD (Mothers against Drunk Driving) and Kick Butts day. I also assisted in distributing contraceptives to teens who did not have access to them or could not afford them.

In my spare time I like to write, read and sing at the top of my lungs. I have a huge passion for theater (especially musicals) and women in literature. I’m super excited to begin my semester here at the Women’s Center