Though it has taken a bit of a backseat to theatre in recent years as far as my passions are concerned, Literature is one of the deepest loves in my life. My idea of a truly beautiful, stress-free day is one when I have no commitments to take care of so that I can sit and read all day long. My Literature major has given me a chance to keep that magic in my life as I have grown increasingly busy with other time commitments and courses in other subjects. 

Why a double major? Literature and Theatre actually tie quite well together, and as far as majors are concerned I can't imagine changing a thing. There is a good deal of crossover, as we work in-depth with Shakespeare and other playwrights in my literature courses, and also critically analyze dramatic literature in my theatre courses. Both lend very well toward the other and make my academic experience here at MCLA feel consistent, cohesive, and complete.

I have included here three of the most notable classes I have taken for my literature major, one for each year I have been at MCLA so far. Each has made a significant contribution to my experience here at the college, as well as to my life.