One of the best parts of my experience here at MCLA has been my involvement with Yorick, MCLA's Shakespeare club. Before MCLA, I had only minor experience with the world of Shakespeare -- I had read a handful of his plays for my high school English classes, and I had seen a few productions over the years, but nothing too extensive. 

A week or so after arriving on campus in the fall of 2009, I spotted a table near the front of the Cafeteria where a student was juggling. It turns out the table was advertising the auditions for Yorick's production of The Comedy of Errors, directed by Melissa Wolfert, and from that very moment -- when I wandered over to talk to this unquestionably cool fellow demonstrating his juggling prowess -- a connection had been made that would never be broken: Yorick is the club where I feel most home.

I auditioned for Comedy of Errors and didn't make it, but rather than give up, I tried again the next semester and successfully auditioned for the Spring production of Hamlet, directed by Jesse Lee Egan Poirier ( for more information on Hamlet, check out the Spring 2010 page). At the end of the semester, Jesse nominated me for a position on the eBoard (to my surprise!) and Yorick has been a constant in my life ever since: I have served as a Public Relations chair for four semesters and been involved with several productions.

Years from now, when I think of MCLA, Yorick will always be one of the very first things which comes to mind.