Hamlet, directed by Jesse Lee Egan Poirier, was my first show with Yorick and an unforgettable experience, to say the least! 

In addition to teaching me the power of time management (as I was rehearsing this show simultaneously with the FPA Mainstage production of The Mouse That Roared), the experience also gave me a few role models who would inspire me for the rest of my time here at MCLA, including Jesse, our director, and Nick Fahey, our melancholy Dane.

Before Hamlet, I had never been involved with a full-scale production directed by a student. While there is always a risk that students won't be ready for the hard work and dedication necessary to mount such a production, Jesse was more than capable, providing the actors with a professional atmosphere and an always constructive mindset. Throughout the production, Jesse's passion for the project, for the text, and for the entire world of the play never flagged for a moment, and he inspired us all to do our very best work. One of the most important lessons I learned from the experience was the importance of collaboration: Jesse knew that the show was an incredible undertaking, and he made that undertaking doable by putting together an incredibly competent production team, including Jessica Atanas as his Assistant Director and Mary Marcil as his stage manager. 

As the show was happening, I think all of us involved knew that we were part of something special. When Yorick is discussed, Hamlet is always remembered as one of the club's crowning achievements, and I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of it.