This past fall, I embarked with Elizabeth Cardaropoli on an enormous journey: to direct "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in six weeks, off-campus. 

The show was one of the highlights of my experience here at MCLA, without question. I have been involved with many shows here, but nothing will ever be as special as a production which you yourself throw your entire being and soul into. 

Directing a show is an enormous responsibility; not only were the two of us in charge of three thousand dollars of Yorick's budget, but we were also responsible for the twenty-three actors--advising them, keeping them in line, directing them. In a sense, our decisions would dictate how the semester played out for each of those twenty-three students, and that is a large task. Co-directing is also a never-ceasing exercise in collaboration: the two of us had to function as a cohesive director, keeping the actors' best interests at heart and striving to waste as little of their time as possible.

I feel that in the end, the play turned out beautifully, and the response was terrific. Here is a clip from the play-within-a-play of the show, from the very end, where the lovable Mechanicals put on a production of Pyramus and Thisby: