The Student Activates Council (SAC)

an MCLA SGA Organization

As mentioned, this semester I had the responsibility of student advising two MCLA clubs or organizations. The Student Activates Council (SAC) was chosen because I would get the necessary experience with working with large campus-wide programming based club. I also chose this club because of the advising experience I would get from shadowing their current advisor, Jennifer Craig, the Coordinator of Student Activates at MCLA. My role as the student advisor for SAC was more of an observational experience in which I learned how to be an advisor of a club from Jenn. I attended every executive board meeting along with helping out at programs and events as needed. I was given the task of presenting to the general meeting about transitioning between executive boards. This was important information that every club needs to learn because the end of the semester arrives quick, and before you know it, it is time for a new executive board. My experience working with SAC was extremely beneficial and I hope to continue to work with them in the future.