Internship Experience

in Student Affairs/ Student Development

Spring 2012.

Spring 2012 I had the amazing opportunity of working as intern out of the office of Celia Norcross, the director of Student Development here at MCLA. This internship gave me first had experience with business related initiatives regarding staff management, training & development as well as supervisory skills in relation to work relations and design of leadership programs. 

Some of my specific duties with this internship were

• Read, review, and discuss Student Development and Leadership Theory.
  • Develop a leadership series track for sophomore year students.
  • Develop and implement a training series for current student leaders.
  • Assist with the supervision of the Historical Society and the Student Activates Council (2 MCLA clubs and organizations) to learn advisement techniques and procedures.
  • Research cross over and co-sponsorship opportunities amongst various MCLA departments.
  • Assist with the preparation and implementation of the Peer Advisor/ Orientation Leader Selection Process.

I had an amazing experience with every aspect of this internship and feel that it has definitely given me the much needed experience in this field that I would need for a career in this field. Enjoy the various sections documenting my internship in Student Affairs/Student Development.