Sophomore Year

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."

Gilda Radner

(Enjoying lunch in Sitges, Spain)

My sophomore year at MCLA brought with it a lot of changes in life. I won't get into the nitty-gritty details here, but I had to learn to live life like the above quote from Gilda Radner. The year was a learning experience - both in schoolwork and in life. During this time, I decided a major in Modern Languages was the right choice for me. At first, I was unsure of how to proceed with this major, as MCLA does not have a predetermined Modern Languages major. Then I learned I could develop my own major through the school's Interdisciplinary Studies program. From there, I was able to take charge of my own education and cultivate my own major from a selection of classes from the Spanish and English departments. 

In the spring semester, I participated in a travel course to Barcelona, Spain. During spring break, we travelled to Barcelona and its surrounding areas. This travel course ultimately inspired me to study abroad and resulted in some very fond memories.