Standard A, Indicator 8: Uses information in Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) to plan strategies for integrating students with disabilities into general education classrooms.

In one of my classes, many of the students have IEPs or 504s. My classroom teacher and one of the paraprofessionals know each student's specific need(s); therefore, I work with them to ensure that those students get all of the materials and help that they need in order to be successful in the class.

There are individualized needs in my students' IEPs; however, I am aware that all of my students in one class (according to their documentation) struggle with organization and tend to lose a lot of their work. To resolve this issue, my cooperating teacher and I set up a folder file system at the beginning of the year so that students can store their work without losing it. In their folders, one side is labeled "In Progress" and the other side is labeled "Completed/Graded Work." There is a red "Absent" folder for each class where students can collect their missed work, and there is a "To Turn Back" folder with all of the students' graded work. I put their graded papers in the folder as quickly as possible so that they can monitor their own progress.

Below is the folder filing system for each class. We label classes by color, not periods; therefore, each class's folder matches their group's color.