About Me

My name is Jason Adams and I am originally from Carmel, New York. I am a graduate of Carmel High School where I received my Advanced Regents Diploma. I am also a MCLA graduate where I received my degree in Secondary Education as well as my degree in History with a minor in political science. I grew up loving the sciences and eventually wanting to teach them to other people, but eventually I had some teachers along the way who made me want to become a history teacher instead. I made that decision when I attended MCLA and have not looked back as I have expanded my historical knoweldge of the world each year.

I have had a lot of ups and downs in my education and life just as every other person does, but I have always strived to do my best with whatever is thrown my way. That is the same attitude that I will want to bring to my classroom and my school. I hope to be able to teach students history with an enthusiasm that will inspire students to either love history, want to teach, or do something that they are enthusiastic about. As a student myself, I have always enjoyed more projects and interactive ways of learning. So when I can finally stop being the student and be the teacher I hope that I can bring that same kind of environment and enjoyment to my classroom. As an educator I will hope to have an impact on my classroom, students, school, peers, and community as a whole. I am always willing to pitch in where I can be helpful whether that be a major or minor role. 

While this introduction only sheds some light on who I am and who I hope to be as an educator as the years go on, the rest of this portfolio will hopefully give a good idea of what I have accomplished so far and can accomplish in the future.