“Through LEAD Academy, I was introduced to 30 new people who were all interested in service, like I was.  They are now my close friends, and we will always have a bond. During LEAD Academy,through the various workshops, I learned how to balance my time, stay academically motivated,and learned where and when I could volunteer my extra time in North Adams.LEAD is a valuable asset to MCLA and has helped my transition here greatly.”

-Danielle Gismondi, class of 2010

L.E.A.D. ACADEMY

Leadership in Education, Action and Development

LEAD Academy prepares freshmen to excel at MCLA, discover pathways to success in college and distinguish themselves as leaders. LEAD workshops and activities explore leadership, college success, teambuilding, community service and much more. This five-day action program is an excellent chance for freshmen to jumpstart their MCLA careers and bond with students of similar interest, student leaders and staff. LEAD students stay in on-campus housing and familiarize themselves with campus and the Berkshire region. LEAD is available to 20-30 students on average. LEAD 2012 is tentatively scheduled for August 4th-8th.

For more information please contact Spencer Moser on first class email.