Student Leaders in Service Scholarship Application 2012-2013
Applications due Wednesday, September 14th
Student Leaders in Service is an AmeriCorps “Education Award Only” program that engages college students as part-time AmeriCorps members. AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs that involves more than 50,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet critical needs in education, public safety, health and the environment.
College student AmeriCorps members who successfully complete 300 hours of service are eligible to receive an AmeriCorps education award of $1,132.28. Education awards can be used to repay qualified student loans, to pay part of the cost of attending college or future educational expenses.
On a separate sheet of paper please type responses to the following:
1) Name, e-mail address, mailbox, cell number, phone extension, and physical address.
2) Class Year: FR SO JR SR
3) List of current and past campus involvement.
4) What type of community service are you most interested in doing, and/or what type of organization are you most interested in volunteering with, and/or what academic and personal interests do you have that your service placement could enhance?
5) Brief explanation of why and how you would benefit from receiving a Student Leaders in Service Scholarship.
6) Please list any non-MCLA community involvement you may have.
7) Please list known time commitments for the 2010 – 2011 year. (Ex: Class schedule, Employment, E-Boards, Sports, Theatre, Dance etc.) Please explain how these time commitments will not interfere with your AmeriCorps Student Leaders in Service commitment.
8) Please list times you are available to work on your service hours.
9) Please indicate if you have your own transportation (not a deciding factor).
Applications are due back to Spencer Moser in Campus Center 308 no later than Wednesday, September 14th. Applications can also be emailed to Spencer Moser via FirstClass. If you have any questions please contact Spencer Moser in the Center for Service in Campus Center room 308, x 5251, or at email@example.com.
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or religion.